Content by (S)am
This is a collection of artifacts and experiences (papers, videos, games, etc.) made available for your reference. This index will be simply that – an index – since longer posts about the content will be written under “insights”.
- November 27, 2019: Education: The Next Hundred Years is a roadmap for transforming education using emerging pedagogical and computational technologies. It’s also available on Amazon for Kindle.
- LAK 2020: “Applying Prerequisite Structure Inference to Adaptive Testing”, a paper about inferring prerequisite relationships between assessment items and leveraging those relationships for efficient adaptive testing.
- SIGCSE 2019: “Harnessing the Wisdom of the Classes: Classsourcing and Machine Learning for Assessment Instrument Generation”, a paper about combining bandit processes, information theory, and crowdsourcing in order to quickly generate statistically validated assessments.
- ArXiv 2018: “Personalized Education at Scale”, a brief survey paper summarizing some obstacles and opportunities for Reinforcement Learning to dramatically improve educational outcomes.
- October 21, 2019: “Machine Learning Bootcamp for WHOI” is a collection of notes and exercises used in a 3-day training for the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
- September 7, 2019: “Introduction to Number Theory and Python” is an accelerated introduction to computer science with a focus on applications in Number Theory. This course was first run in Fall of 2019.
- May 1, 2019: “Hands-On Artificial Intelligence for Small Businesses” is a video course I created with Packt publishers to help small businesses apply readily available AI techniques to basic business problems.
- November 28, 2018: An interactive discussion of AI created for a guest appearance in a seminar series called “Food for Thought” (they have snacks and interesting multidisciplinary speakers).